Bad connection after R133

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hartvig, Aug 28, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Anyone else having bad connection to the game after the release?

I have been trying to get the game running the last 20 minutes, but no luck at all.
    Most the times the client just shows a black screen, sometimes i actually gets to lag in, followed by black screen. 2 times i have even been able to chose server, and then lose connection again.
    The website is pretty much the same, loading time takes forever(it took a couple of minutes just to get to the forum through the website), and the game can´t load.

I tested the PIN-connection, and it said above 80ms, where it normally is at the 40´s.
    My connection was perfect before the release...

Anyone else having similyar problems?
    Thought it maybe just was a rush-hour after the servers was back up running, so i wouldn´t contact support just yet.

Any suggestions?

2. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I was getting a lot of "Bad Gateway" messages, but it seems to be better now. Just logged into home page and forum so far, though.

Edit: Logging into home page and character seem normal now. Hope your problem resolves itself.

3. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Thank you for your assistance, Multi-Sev. :)

Hello Hartvig, :oops:

Please reboot your computer and try again. If this doesn't solve the problem, please flush your DNS cache.

Here are the instructions for this process for Win 8 and 7. If you are using a different operating system and you require further help, please let us know.

Windows 8
    • Press Win+X to open the WinX Menu.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type the following command and press Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
    • If the command was successful, you will see the following message: Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Windows 7
    • Click the Start button.
    • Enter cmd in the Start menu search field.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type the following command and press Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
    • If the command was successful, you will see the following message:
      Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
    Did this help? ​

4. -Elizejs-

-Elizejs- Junior Expert

after this hotfix only personal chat works...ather chats dont work. [​IMG] ok lets see picture. only 1 chat and personal works ..ather dont work...can make paty still dont work..guild chat dont work..comunity chat dont work..see selfs.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. teddy.bear

Hello -Elizejs-, :oops:

Please do not use all caps when posting on the forum, this is considered shouting and is not necessary. Thank you for understanding.

Please follow the same steps as advised above, and if that doesn't fix it - could you please let us know what problem are you experiencing exactly with the chat? A screenshot would be helpful to identify the issue. ​

6. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Just managed to login to the forum again...

Thanks for the quick answers, but sadly, it didn´t work.
    Its a pretty big problem wenn i can´t even get back into my account on the website - no forum or support...

I had already tried to reboot, without succes, but i had forgot about flushing the DNS, but it still didn´t work.

I just tried to login on my laptop, it didn´t work either(ping above 140ms on it).

Like Multi-Sev, i have had a lot of bad gateways, but also just black screens like i said ealier.

On the website, simply just cannot get a connection, it keeps loading forever until it gives up.

Time to contact support? Thanks a lot for the help so far :)

7. babaroga

babaroga Someday Author

FlushDNS didnt work for me either...
    On grimmag server it loaded the game perfectly but heredur still not ... always the message: "All connection attemts have failed" shows up along with button Retry

8. DemotioN

DemotioN Forum Apprentice

Comon!
    Do i need to get my ISP also to flush all there DNS server?
    What about ask DSO to get some propp Technical or programmer

Hint set the damm TTL domain down on the befor they push any new event or change out this is not Prof way

just my point

--MERGED--

Hint it the NGI proxy who reject our client (Bin and web version)

Last edited by moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  9. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Working again! I don´t have any idea how, but suddenly i had no problems connecting.

GL to others with the same problem! Sadly, i don´t have a clue how to solve it except patience.

10. teddy.bear

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work, Hartvig. But I'm happy to hear you're back in the game - cheers for the update! ;)

You can always contact Support if you have trouble logging back into your account and Forum.

The Support link can be found at the bottom of the game's page, and you can also keep the direct contact link close in case you need it: http://www.drakensang.com/support

The Game Team is aware of this and hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. Thank you all for your patience while this is being looked into.​

11. BLASTUP

BLASTUP Active Author

hi all,
    3 hours of trying and now i can get to here only ....cant play the game ,
    are devs mad they dont know anything,.. how to fix ????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  12. galadriale

galadriale Junior Expert

Someone could login and actually play? I could only see "All connection attempts failed" after flushing dns, deleting temp DSO files, rebooting, etc. Sent a ticket to support with reply "Known connection issue on the fix now"

Now it makes me feel like farming uniques, trying many times to get into the game to farm many times. Can't imagine if I have to flush dns, delete everything and reboot for every 1 or 2 release.

13. CoZdor

CoZdor Forum Apprentice

Come on now, you're taking the mickey. 4 hours and I still can't get on. Maybe it's for the best since the chat won't work either from what I've heard. Why is it that BG are unable to release something new without EDIT the whole game?

14. akemdsmds

akemdsmds Forum Greenhorn

no i
    t didin't heps, when you fix this erorrs?

15. Snede

Snede Forum Apprentice

This is is quite frankly absurd!
    One of the most anticipated events is about to start, and some of us can't prepare for it. EDIT DSO?! I'm mad!
    BTW no reaction from support.

16. KnifeParty

KnifeParty Someday Author

All we have that problem,all server was a problem with conection,but other people can enter on server,how i dont know,but i think tomorrow i can enter on my account :) i dont die if i dont enter on my account 1 day :)

17. Aemon

Aemon Advanced

just flush ur dns

18. goodadr1an80

goodadr1an80 Forum Greenhorn

1)Click on the computed in the right down part of your screen
    2)Go on Open Network And Sharing Center
    3)Go on Local Area Connection
    4)Go on Properties
    5)Go On Internet Protocol Version 4
    6)Click Properties
    7)Set On Use The Following DNS Server Addresses
    8)Set The Preffered DNS Server 8,8,8,8
    9)Set the Alternate DNS Server 8,8,4,4

19. Linda

Linda Forum Greenhorn

i cant get on via the internet or the downloaded version :(

--MERGED--

wow ok i can get to the character page via the internet but wont let me click her on :/ whats happening

Last edited by moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  20. galadriale

galadriale Junior Expert

Still "All connection attempts failed" today, if this continues for a couple of days more please make compensations for the lost of my premium paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.