Have to shut off antivirus to be able to enter game?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by elushia, Dec 13, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elushia

elushia Forum Apprentice

I never had this problem until about 2 weeks ago. Now unless I shut off my antivirus, I cannot enter the game. It just won't connect. Keeps telling me to retry.
    I also, too often lately get disconnected just going in, or out of somewhere.

2. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

I think that shouldn't be happening, which antivirus do you use?

3. Berotomax

Berotomax Forum Master

I experienced something similar some weeks ago after changing the AV scanner. Don't sure which AV it was (think it was Avast 2014). Replaced that AV with a product that simply works and does not cause problems with DSO.

4. elushia

elushia Forum Apprentice

Norton Internet Security. I've always used this though and it's only the last couple weeks I've had this problem.
    I started noticing I couldn't log in, it kept asking me to retry, that it couldn't connect over and over. So I tried turning off my firewall first, and it still kept acting up, so I tried turning off my antivirus, and got right in with no problem.

5. dragons

dragons Active Author

I'm not an expert -
    Try deleting DSO folder from your computer
    Reinstall your antivirus, I use Avast! Free to use.
    Your firewall might block that web page
    Perhaps Java issue? Reinstall maybe?

I would try these.

6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Odd, I have used Norton Security Suite for years, always running in the background, and do not have this problem. Pull up the latest report. if it is blocking the game it should tell you, Also it should have an option so you can allow the site.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

7. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

My Norton is now automatically removing drakensangonline.exe everytime I try to play. Now I am kind of curious as to why suddenly it is happening and perhaps IF DSO itself has become corrupted and we're being left in he dark about it.
    How secure are BP products really? DO we have a guarantee that BP games are virus/trojan/malware free?
    If it's not a java issue, a jumpy, laggy thin client or now corrupted files from the DSO side of it, then what is going on?

8. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

We are aware that some Anti Virus programs may be causing issues with the game and are working to track this down. Thank you for your input so far.

Is anyone else finding other AV causing problems (besides Norton)?

9. DarthMater

DarthMater Forum Apprentice

Norton is still causing problems for me.... can't log in.

10. Burn84

Burn84 Junior Expert

Maby ppls need to to Delete first the ThirdParty from PC lik Zoom,Farming,Speed Boost?
    :D

PS: i am using Norton for 3 years too ,i din't get thouse problems ;)...Thouse problems come onli wen ThirdParty is add in ur Pc to use it for samnthig.

U need to turn off ur Antivirus ,yes becouse is a bad softwer around ur pc and it work like a virus for DSO ...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  11. DarthMater

DarthMater Forum Apprentice

Yes..... that is exactly the reason Burn84. Thank for the help and being so astute.

12. Reykvid

Reykvid Forum Greenhorn

I am using Windows Defender. I have turned it off to test if this was causing a connection issue on Agathon server, The server I use, and it did not solve the problem. I also checked my firewall, windows firewall, and this also did not seem to be the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.