Mail system / Auction

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by UnkownOutsider, Mar 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnkownOutsider

UnkownOutsider Forum Apprentice

I think this would be a really good idea..implementing a mail system where you can not only send a msg to a person, but also items ( with an option to sell to same person). ..And Also an Auction Npc..where one could put unique and other unused items up for sale , where others can purchase. ( as stated above AND be able to send items for free to others or include fee). Maybe have an option to do 1/2 Andermat 1/2 coin or only coin sale, or only Andermat sale..either way I think a mail system and Auction would be veryy cool!!!

2. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Another one of these? Will never happen.

3. ArcaneMaster

ArcaneMaster Active Author

wait are u asking for aution house?? from bp? lol......

havent u heard? bigpoint doesnt care what palyers want they just need money money money ... :D

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And haven't you heard? Auctions could be seriously abused. I've gone into detail about it dozens of times... Do you wish me to do it again?

5. ArcaneMaster

i could not think of ways people abusing it if it is done right..
    if u have some experience then please do share them mate, love to hear other side of story.

6. xxaxx69

xxaxx69 Forum Greenhorn

Not allowing trade within the game between players prevents many things. One is the ability to scam items off of someone. Also, bot usage would explode with a market. I'm sure there are a lot more cons of allowing trade amongst players, but those are the two I can think of...

7. hohiti

hohiti Forum Apprentice

Yeah true it can be abused, but not if done right..
    Anyways I do get your point. ^^
    How should BP be enable to make something as big as that, without EDIT it all up? Haha good point friend :)

Conclusion: Never gonna happend.

Last edited by moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  8. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Hi guys,

This idea isn't new and yes there is a way to create a trading system without a loophole/exploit.

One person should give an idea and all the others should try to find the loophole/exploit, until you find a flawless one.

But the real problem is BP, members from this forum and all the other forum have already given thousands of ideas to improve this game and how many of those ideas has BP implemented???...

...to my knowledge none (except nerfing DK in 2012)
    All you need is to look at all the updates they have done so far and you get your answer.

Warlord and ArcaneMaster like this.
  9. moby31

moby31 Regular

I'm sure some of u heard why EDIT stopped their auction house
    one of the reason was players lack of desire to farm and many others
    personally i think that idea itself is good but implemented permanently ....
    i would not be so sure about this .

Last edited by moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  10. killeurLO

killeurLO Forum Master

its a good idea have unique .

suez and oosaar like this.
  11. ArcaneMaster

having a trading system lets people do what hey need rather what is needed of them.

say, as a lvl 45 player i enjoy farming hod/hard bosses but to get desired gear setup i am in need of full Atlantis set. now m unwillingly forced to farm on lower lvl maps which i dont like or i need to make do with gears which is not suitable to my game style. (2+ years in this game i am yet to get full gears which are suitable to my game play. if this is not frustrating enough then god knows what is)

will it be not wise if i could trade it from some one who got extra gear? will it not save me 5-6 months of frustration for not getting what i want and not doing wanted to do??

trading not only saves time for players but it also lets them do things which they enjoy most.

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes ... things which they enjoy most ... like ... exploiting, hacking and any other kind of cheats. :D

13. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Ok!!! I know that this will be a waste of time posting an idea, because BP will never go for it, they prefer to see us miserable and depressed, don't know why:(!!!

So, my idea goes like this...

Create a new NPC (Gnob is a good candidate for this job:D), click on him and he will ask you "Hi there stranger, do you want to...", option 1 - sell, option 2 - buy...a menu will open with 4 tabs...

Tab 1 - unique items (buying costs 1000 AM)
    Tab 2 - legendary items (buying costs 500 AM)
    Tab 3 - extraordinary items (buying costs 100 AM)
    Tab 4 - magic items (buying costs 10 AM)

Now lets say that you want to sell a unique item, the "Amulet of Insight", it's worth...82,80 silver and 2940 glyphs.

What would you get from selling this item...
    You would get 100% of its value + 10% of that value...meaning you will get 91,08 silver and 3234 glyphs.

The player that wants to buy the "Amulet of Insight", would need 91,08 silver and 3234 glyphs + a small amount of andermants (AM go directly to Gnob's pocket and not to the player that sells the item).

All the items have to be identified, so the buyer knows exactly what he gets.

This isn't a trade/auction system, it's a buy/sell system, meaning when you sell a item, it will go to the first one interested in it (and not to your friends).

The person who sells items can only remove an item from the selling list after 5 days (this way a person can't add/remove an item and wait for his friends to be online).

In my opinion this system is fair to both sides, buyer/seller and profitable for BP, because the buyers need AM+glyphs to purchase those so desired items.

Now it's up to you guys to find the loophole/exploit for this idea to fail and pass on to the next one.:p

14. ArcaneMaster

This is a wonderful idea

15. jozo91

jozo91 Active Author

nice idea but i dont like this with andermants i sell item then is going to my pocket not to gnob

16. Markoman

Markoman Someday Author

We went over and over the same idea time and time again. And after the same conclusion you proceeded with the off topic. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.