Powerful Witch Hunter Gear, Dragonache or Dark Amor?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SanIker, Jul 19, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanIker

SanIker Forum Apprentice

Hey guys,

which of these sets is the best for a Ranger and why?

-> Powerful Witch Hunter Gear
    -> Dragonache
    -> Dark Amor

Greetings, Iker

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

For new players it would be Witch hunter set + Dragonache.
    For older "hardcore" players Dark armor is better. Without Dragonache set.

3. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

I'm an old player and I use the New Witch Hunter set + Dragonache and it's good enough for me. I don't see why you think Dark armour would be better...

ThorHeredur and AlexgramGR like this.
  4. [kreg]

[kreg] Someday Author

I personaly am useing Yachak's (full set) and Dark helm, paladrunes and chest plate. hige crtl hit. added attack and travel speed .

5. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Witch Hunter set gives you more damage as you receive much max. damage, it also gives you attack speed and the critical hit rate isn't much lower than the crit hit rate with dark set...

thebearreturns and AlexgramGR like this.
  6. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Armor is much lower with witch than with dark. For dedicated tanks, this is a big consideration. For other character types, it's not such a big deal.

I tried to tank Mortis (blue essences) with witch chaser (new) set that I got from Kara recently. I was using many health potions and still dying. I went back to 3X dark set and melted the other set. With 3x dark set, I can easily tank Mortis with blue essences and I hardly ever need to use a health potion. My conclusion is that, for a tank, witch chaser is not that good.

[kreg] and AlexgramGR like this.
  7. trakilaki

Because it is. Dark Armor is giving you critical hit and armor ... and little bit damage.
    Which Hunter set is giving you artificial damage increment without critical hit and other useful stats that dark armor is giving.
    It is not true that Which Hunter set is giving you more damage. It is giving artificial higher Maximum damage ... and making the gap between minimum and maximum wider. With dark set you can have damage like this 950-1060, while with Which set you can have damage like this 700-1200. It is obvious that gap between min and max is too wide in the second example. And as I understand there is no stat in the game that improves your hit to tend towards bigger value. It is a random number ... and in the second example that random number would always tend to be lesser than in the first example because of the wider gap between minimum and maximum stats. I will not analyse critical hit and other stats further because for those stats dark armor have even bigger advantage over Witch Crap set. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    [kreg] likes this.
  8. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

You are wrong here. New witch hunter set gives you only + maximum dmg, no dmg reduction. Old witch Hunter gear if you get good stats, there is more increase in average dmg. In total, witch set indeed gives more dmg, but I still prefer dark set. This is because we usually view witch hunter gear for level 45. When you upgrade dark armor to 45, you will find that it gives more than twice witch set's armor. The only thing about witch set is that it gives speed (if you are just comparing helmet, pauldron, armor). I prefer dark myself as well. Dragonache is just for new players (but 12k is way too much for new players). When you are an old player, you will upgrade items above level 47. Majority of dmg from dragonache comes from set bonus (+125 dmg), and set bonuses cannot be upgraded. Upgrading dragonache set is quite useless.

9. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

I was talking about the NEW Witch hunter set...

10. trakilaki

I was talking about new set as well.
    As you can read my post above you can't find anywhere I was talking about min. damage reduction. :)
    Yet, the gap is widening even and if only max damage is increased and min damage not.

11. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

"With dark set you can have damage like 950-1060, while with Which set you can have damage like this 700-1200."
    This is why I say, NEW set, bro, dark set doesn't give you 250 damage... With witch set you might have like 930-1430, as I think, correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

12. trakilaki

You a re wrong. Which set does not give damage ... only Maximum damage. There is a difference between maximum damage and damage ... damage increases both minimum and maximum values.
    Here is mine damage with full dark set and shield. :)

[​IMG]

This one is with quiver :)

[​IMG]

[kreg] likes this.
  13. Burn84

Burn84 Junior Expert

Nice Dmg u have there :)

For me i think for F2p players best combination of sets intems to reach good stats and have a chanse to fight equal with big p2p are thouse:

-Predator
    -Witch hunter Set new or old Powerfull set with good stats
    -Yachak set
    -Dragonace set
    -Shild 4x block or 3x block 1 reduction
    -Wepon ornament 2x critical 2x dmg bonuses or 3x1 depends on wath u need
    -1k gold cloak
    I say this becouse is the build i use and is damn Good! for all clases F2p players :)
    U reach Good defence-Offence ,u don't need 1500 dmg to kill samone u need onli luck on critic hits and tactic to dodge and predict ur oponents next move :)

14. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

You don't understand what I try to say you, you say that the minimum damage with Witch hunter is 700 and with Dark, it is 950, THAT is wrong, Dark set doesn't increase your dmg by 250, if I remember it right ;) That's what I try to explain you

15. trakilaki

OK, we misunderstood each other. :)
    Maybe because I was hasty and confusing. :D

Both numbers I have picked up randomly they are not for one same character with two different sets. I will try with same numbers this time.
    Dark Set example: 950-1060
    Witch Set example: 930-1430 ( as you said)
    So ... in first example we have around 100 gap between min and max, while in the second example we have around 500 gap between min and max.
    My point is next: Every hit is random number between min and max values. in the first example we have pretty much constant margin for every hit, but in the second example we have higher margin and the hits would most probably tend to lower value rather than the maximum value.
    In both examples we would have pretty much the same or pretty close average hit values.
    But ... with dark Armor set you get higher critical rate (very significant factor if you have higher critical damage). Thus leading to higher overall damage.
    Neither do Witch Set increases your damage by 250 ... it only increases your maximum damage and your minimum damage is going little down ... making big gap between those two.
    Damage is one thing and only Maximum damage is another.

@Burn84
    I am F2P too and I agree with your point. One should chose his/hers gear by his/hers likes and playing style.
    But we were talking about Dark Set and Witch Set, in this case we are not interested in other items :D
    The point is you can't have it all, either you have balance or you increase some stats to the detriment of another stats.
    I have done that to the detriment of HP. So for me lower HP for PVE is not big deal I can heal with the tree very easily. And for PVP it is "Kill before you get killed" :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  16. NightWalker

Traki is a f2p. If i remember correctly, he uses a longbow. He showed you his dmg, but not his speed. Also, as he mentioned, he has lower hp.

Having higher max dmg does increase your average base damage. Yes, indeed the shot doesn't have to land on the high side everytime, but it CAN land on the high side, thus dealing more damage. If you use the formula to calculate your DPS, you will find that witch hunter gives a higher DPS by a bit despite the fact that dark has more crit since crit value works in a curve. witch also gives a bit more hp and resistance. However, dark gives a lot more armor still so I am not going to consider witch for that bit of extra damage.

17. trakilaki

Longbow, sure it is. And I have pretty good attack speed for longbow :)

[​IMG]

And considering the fact that I can go even at higher speed because I am using one extra flawless onyx instead of sapphire

[​IMG]

But attack speed is not the topic :)

Yes I have lower HP. I have 5300HP but with good shield, 65% armor and 1300 resistance I can survive both PVE and PVP.

18. NightWalker

Off topic: very nice, may I ask how you got to 1.51 attack speed? (or am I wrong to assume it is full ruby on your weapon?).

19. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

A number of possibilities.
    -Sapphires in bow (I doubt it. If he is orderly or clean, and judging by his inventory, he is, the sapphire would be in arrows and the onyx in bow)
    -Speed enchantments in bow
    -Ring(s) of Inner Fortitude

20. atb333atb

atb333atb Forum Apprentice

gloves+ring

God i love your arrow... Is better than my whole char...
    I wonder what enchantment you have on bow....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.