Release 118 Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Callisto, Jan 30, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Release 118 is now live, please read the patch notes HERE, and test out the improvements and changes. Once you've done so, please post your feedback here.

What you like?
    What you dislike?
    What you would improve/change?

As always off topic posts will be deleted. Questions on the patch can be asked HERE, and we the mod team will answer as soon we can.

2. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Ok, first: i think it is nice the thing you did about gold and globes! It is good it works faster now;)
    BUT! The thing about known issues list...
    I have complained about it before, but the new known issue "lag when picking up" is driving me to madnes!
    It is unbelievable annoying, and i actually really destoys gameplay. (Theusen used those words, he got his post deleted for asking silly questions like that were said to mean the same as "why is the game so bad" and so on).
    This bug does really ruin gameplay! And you knew of it when you released the damn thing!
    And it is not even possible to play some other things like the RoD quest because this bug happen EVERYWHERE and ALWAYS.
    And if you just say i should take my gems out of my gemboxes, then i could ask why you even call this game for a F2P game!
    And Callisto, you have no reasons to delete this post;) It is feedback just as you asked!
    Oh and BTW, thanks for the opputunity to shift gender and look of one of our chars!
    A lot of people appriceate it! :)

Paladin likes this.
  3. yamahamm

yamahamm Advanced

Agree.. worst thing in this patch.

Anyway, im really glad that you gave us FREE opportunity to change our names and appearance :)

4. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

How does the name and appearance change work?

5. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Like: As good as all the fixes and updates.
    Dislike: Kinda weird that the spy quest (i think it s the quest that has to do with the foxariffic burrow of investigations) cannot be completed anymore while it could before.

6. yamahamm

yamahamm Advanced

When you log in, youll notice, that on the left side of your character's bar there is "settings" or something like that button. You click on it, and you can change your name and hair style, body length etc.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

So far I can say that new load bar is annoying, ugly and I don't like it. For further feedback I will have to play this game little bit more.

8. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

loads faster than it did before
    no problems so far... all is good :)

MortriXus likes this.
  9. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I don't think that the gem "containers" are the issue with the lag when picking up objects, or at least not the only issue. I have six gem containers ("white" equipment) in my inventory (on the top row, first page), with three to five gems in each one, and I don't experience any lag when picking up items. If anything, my game runs smoother since 118 went live (no more rubber-banding that I can see). I think the problem is probably more complex than just having gem containers. There may be other variables involved, or maybe six containers is not enough to cause the issue? I don't know. Just an FYI for troubleshooting.

10. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

Yes i too noticed that load is actually faster now... I like everything except that change name feature!!! I dont know who is now who? :confused:

.FOX. likes this.
  11. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

I'm not lagging either and I have lots of gems and gem holding junk.

12. ZmajodBosne

ZmajodBosne Active Author

Noticed small lagging when picking up loot. Changed gender to male, nice addition to game.

13. BlackWidow

BlackWidow Forum Greenhorn

Great! Tnx for the 1 time free option to change our char. appearance - i was dreaming about this from a long time.

14. Paladin

Paladin Forum Apprentice

Patch 118 didn't fix bugs from r117 and new bugs were made.

Old Mortis fragments - not fixed
    Gingerbread gems - not fixed
    Sorting in guild menu - not fixed

Arena problems - invisible players - partly fixed

New arena problems - flags when going 3vs3, 4 players in 3vs3 - not fixed

PICKING LOOT and LAGS - NEW SEVERE BUG - not fixed

Keep going on and people will keep quitting the game.

And don't forget to tell us, that it's only a game and every game have bugs.

No, it's not true. And don't forget, that it's NOT normal keep old bugs unfixed and produce new bugs every new release.

Try to imagine, that some developers wrote thousands of pages of source code without any bug and this is the standard. Otherwise we would not have any astronauts, any internet banking, any nuclear power plant, any military smart weapons , any flight control systems and so on.

Is it really so hard go to test server, pick some items and find out, that lags happen ?

Ashelia59650 likes this.
  15. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I, too, noticed that the old Mortis Fragments still do not count for the RoD quest, and that is very disappointing. It has been a very long time and it seems like a script could have been completed by now to fix that.

It was also disappointing to see that the guild-tab sorting problem remains. Even though there is an easy work-around, this seems like it wouldn't have been a very difficult thing to repair since it was almost certainly caused by the addition of the "in group" indicator column on that page. The source of the broken sorting must almost certainly reside in that new code, and it doesn't seem like it would be a monumental task to track it down and correct it.

I haven't experienced the item pick-up lag, but it sounds really horrible and I feel bad for the people who have to deal with this new bug.

Overall, in my interactions with the player base on Agathon, I know that the vast majority of players are extremely unimpressed with the programming and the programmers' ability to fix bugs. The only thing that is really impressive is their ability to create new bugs. In that vein, they have shown themselves to be highly prolific! I know their jobs must be somewhat demanding, but other games I play and have played have nowhere near this level of problems when it comes to bugs.

I am disappointed and disheartened by the state of the bug infestation in Drakensang.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  16. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

I saw the "character change option" next to all my characters and thought I would have had a one time changed for each of my characters, not just a one time for all. I was disappointed in that. I have not been experiencing the lag that others have complained about.

17. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

I have a question.. Is this offer for changing name bla bla permanent or...?

18. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I really like that they fixed the auto pick up problem with coins. This is something that I have noticed for a long time (but never got around to posting about it.) Also the other improvement for the DQ shuffle on my premium accounts is great! I often set up my DQ's a day ahead only to find myself shuffling for several minutes to great the right one. Much quicker now.

I have no problem with the pick up lag problem. I even checked this by taking a bunch of gems holders from my locker and putting them in my bag.

The new redo on your character customization is nice but does not affect me much. I guess I spend more time on character creation than most and get these details the way I want them the first time. I only used it on one very old character that I had selected the large size with to make it smaller. I use the small size, sometimes the medium, for the simple reason that it allows me to see more of the environment right around my chars. (My monitor is large enough that my chars are still big enough for for me to enjoy how they look :rolleyes:) Btw, I got a good chuckle with the ending of the customization demo video :D

I do not understand the "fairness" issue in reducing the SM's rocket pack range. First is was not significantly greater. Second it's very slow execution time already seemed to balance that.

As for the ongoing bugs that are still not fixed... well I guess it is taking them longer than expected to get these sorted. I do wish they would get away from fixed release cycles though and spend whatever time is needed to fix these sort of things between releases. I remember when they changed the release cycle from one week to two weeks after the end of open beta. However often it feels like we are just in open beta 2.0 because of these deadlines to add content.

I have been playing over two years now and there is more than enough content to keep me from getting bored. I admit that having so many accounts does give me more options to play different parts of the game than most. Indeed new things are usually nice but still I will suggest once more that the emphasis should shift from pushing content to reducing bugs.

I would like to pose this question to any players that may read this. Would anyone be really disappointed if a patch was not released on time and contained no new content but only fixes?

Overall though I feel this release is OK since it does contain more fixes than content. Although the long list of "important changes" contained many minor changes or fixes (e.g. correcting the name of the SM's steel hammer.) To me this seems to reinforce the mindset of content over fixes.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Brian1919, Zokin and Superme like this.
  19. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

I agree with Mikey. Presently, I would prefer a lot of fixes than more release that offer more bugs.

20. -Harlequinn-

-Harlequinn- Forum Apprentice

Another problem with RELEASE 118_7

Using Mac client:

1. When entering OOB map1, 5 seconds after i enter the map, the mac client crashes.
    Tried relogging in to the game, same thing happens, 5 seconds or few seconds after the map loads, the mac client crashes again.

Did this a lot of times and had no choice but to get out of the map or it will keep on crashing the mac client.

Due to that bug, I am not able to do map2 or mortis.

2. When picking up loots, I am experiencing a little delay and lag.
    3. Invisible players everywhere. In dungeons, arena etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.